Our History

SULO has been the technological leader in the manufacture of garbage bins for more than 100 years, beginning with the manufacture of metal waste bins then branching into collection and culminating in 1975 with the development of the modern plastic Mobile Garbage Bin (MGB).

Founded in Germany, in 1890, SULO remained a family owned company until its sale in 2004 to a consortium of investors. With the success of Mobile Garbage Bin (MGB) technology during the 1970's SULO established an Australian subsidiary company in 1983.

Since this time SULO MGB Australia has continually lead the marketplace through its innovative technology and provides the waste, recycling and recovery industry throughout Australia and the South Pacific with the largest range of mobile waste containment solutions. In March 2005 SULO MGB Australia became 100% Australian owned, following a Management Buy Out of the Australasian operations from its German parent. The separation arrangements have allowed for an ongoing technical and commercial relationship between the two companies, ensuring the maintenance of the highest design and technical standards for the future.

In July 2006 SULO incorporated a small family owned rotational moulding company, called Rabbit Plastics. This incorporation provided SULO with an opportunity to increase its range of commercial waste products.

In 2008 SULO established a rotational moulding facility at West Gosford, just down the road from the Somersby facility. The site sees the manufacture of a range of rotationally moulded products including Industrial Bin Lids, Ecoenclosures and larger 4 wheel bins.